Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Little Dove Told Me

The idea I'm sharing can be modified in so many ways. My project today is a decorative pillow to be hung on the back of your dining chair. This could be adapted to any of the Feast Days or just to add some pizzaz to your dining spot. The sky is the limit.

Decide on a theme for your project. I chose favorites of mine...doves and the Tetragrammaton. I chose to make a little pillow about 4 by 9 inches as a base but they can be made any size you desire. I made sure that I sewed ribbons to be used for tying the pillow to the chair into the seam as I was making it. Give yourself plenty of ribbon length. You can always trim it if you've added too much.

After making my pillow I cut dove shapes from felt (two each facing different directions) and sewed the layers together with a simple running stitch. A piece of gold felt was cut out and a smaller piece of white felt was glued on it. Then I carefully cut out the letters of the Tetragrammaton and glued those on. I proceeded to glue each assembled dove and center block onto my pillow. I little piece of ribbon was glued from each dove to the corner of the center block. Lastly I ran glitter glue around the frame of the letter block and a dab of glitter glue for the doves' eyes.




No comments: