Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I Never Promised You a Rose Garden ....

...but I did insinuate that I was going to show you how to incorporate your Hebrew roots with a snowman. This is a stuffed snowman and he'll never make you feel cold.

First I used a compass to draw three circles, in which the diameters in inches measured 8 1/2, 7 and 6, on scrap paper to be used as patterns but you could use any graduated sizes. Then these were pinned onto fabric, in this case chenille, and cut out.

I then made wide stitches around each fabric circle and drew the thread tight, and secured the last stitch, just like making a yo-yo. I then stuffed the openings with as much stuffing as each would take.
Next I hot-glued the three together, the largest being at the bottom and the smallest at the top.






To finish my snowman off, I glued on a carrot nose made from a rolled up piece of felt and beads for eyes and buttons. However, to make my snowman take on a Hebrew persona, I added a black hat, side curls and a tallit.

Now for the big reveal:


This is the only Hebrew snowman I plan on making. Have a blessed week Dear Ones!


No comments: