Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Gift Of Love

Instead of posting a project made by yours truly this week I'm sharing a gift left to me by my dear friend and sister-in-Yahweh Lois. Lois and I 'met' on The Door Post, a teaching site and community catering to those who have found their way back to the Hebrew roots of the Bible. Lois lived in Oregon while I live in New York, a continent apart. We talked on the phone many times and Lois was always an encouragement to me. Lois left us in August of this year and  I am content knowing that she is on 'temporary assignment' sitting at the feet of our King.

Imagine my surprise when a package came from Oregon this week with her name on it. I opened it and found a note from her husband Boyd and a beautiful 'mini' prayer shawl. Boyd said he found it on Lois's dresser with my name on it. Lois loved to sew and she made this treasure for me. I feel like she is giving me a hug when I wear it...still encouraging me.


No comments: