Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Necessary Item...

...or how to keep from loosing your needles in the pincushion.

Along with fabric I ordered on the internet earlier this year came some delightful fabric samples measuring about six square inches. After pondering what to do with them I decided to use them in a needle case.
It doesn't show up but the stars are outlined in guilted gold.
First I matched up the pattern and seamed the two pieces together. Then I sewed the patterned fabric, lining and interfacing together and topstitched it.
You can faintly see the seam near the middle.

Two pieces of felt were cut to fit inside the case and attached by sewing down the middle.
A button and loop was added for the finish.
Now to gather up all my needles and place them in my new needle case.

No comments: