Thursday, September 19, 2013

Have You Thought Of Doing This During Sukkot?

SUKKOT IS HERE!

Lev 23:39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when you have gathered in the fruit of the land, you shall keep a feast to the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.

 Lev 23:40 And you shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and you shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days.

Lev 23:41 And you shall keep it a feast to the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: you shall celebrate it in the seventh month.

Lev 23:42 You shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:

Lev 23:43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.


I've found many sites on the internet that display different ideas for Sukkot...decorations for their succahs, recipes and crafts. Many people invite family, friends and neighbors to join in the celebration. Taking videos of the festivities is a great idea but, for those who don't have access to a video camera, the next best thing is taking still photos.

I thought an interesting idea would be to print up those pictures and give little albums containing those photos to your guests as a memento of these Feast Days. So off to the craft stores I went in search of supplies.
I found the holographic star paper (card stock weight) for the cover, the blue with white stars paper and the heavy weight black construction paper for the inside pages.
I decided on the size of my album and cut the paper the appropriate size but twice as wide to accommodate folding it in half. Then I proceeded to measure out where to 'sew' the pages together. I shared this technique on a past post...http://asweetsavor.blogspot.com/2013/03/bookbinding-and-amidah-prayer.html

The holographic paper I used for the album cover suggested the theme of my album 'Sukkot Under the Stars 2013'.
I just can't resist adding embellishments to my creations. I finished the album with fringy yarn, sequins and beads. All that's needed to to attach my photos with self adhesive picture corners.

Chag Samaech to all my viewers. Have a wonderful Sukkot celebration!




No comments: