Thursday, May 23, 2013

I'm Sooooo Excited

So many times the projects I post I think are 'duds' but I post them anyways hoping that someone might pick up on it and develop a better idea. But this time I think I've hit the bull's eye! If you've seen some of my last entries you would have seen my ideas for Zedakah boxes. First there was just a gift box I purchased from the dollar store, then I came up with a cocoa box that I decorated. But finally, after these trials and errors, I've come up with a Zedakah box that satisfies my creative hands.

I purchased an unfinished wooden box with a swing lid from the craft store (cost= $1. I love these bargains. Don't you?) and a wooden Star of David cutout (on clearance but can't remember the price).
I proceeded to lightly sand the box then wiped a thinned coat of craft paint on it with some cheesecloth. I was trying to allow the wood grain show through for a little rustic touch. Next I coated the box with acrylic varnish. Fancy ribbon was applied around the sides of the box and the wooden Star of David was glued on top.

I am thrilled with the outcome. What do you think?

No comments: