Thursday, February 26, 2015

Something For A Narrow Space

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.  -- Deuteronomy 6:4-5.

Looking through my supplies again I found a couple of packages of 1-1/4 inch wooden squares that I had acquired for another project but didn't use. I painted them with craft acrylic for a base coat and stenciled letters onto them. I glued the stenciled pieces onto a piece of glittered ribbon that I had prepared before hand. The ribbon was doubled over the top and glued down. Then a ring was sewn on the back to hang it with. At the bottom edge I folded the ribbon into a point and glued it down, adding a little jewel bead at the point.


This measures 1-1/4 inches wide by 12-3/4 inches long. It's perfect for a narrow spot on the wall but I have yet to decide the best place to hang it. It was a simple, easy project and worth giving it a try. If you prefer, you could stencil the word in Hebrew. What I like about this project is that I'll be  reminded of the Scripture whenever I pass by and see it. I won't only recite it when I rise up and lie down.

Blessings Dear Ones. I'm so glad you came to view this blog. Be sure to return for more ideas.

No comments: