Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Little Kitsch For The Kitchen

Sometimes our best efforts leave us wanting. Although I'm definitely not thrilled about the outcome of my latest project I'll share it anyways. I wanted to give readers a simple project anyone could do. I decided to replace a small picture in my kitchen with something more in line with with this blog. So the primitive cross stitch doll picture came off the wall and the work began. After my second try I came up with this (minus the frame):
The pattern was designed and transferred to a textured paper. I proceeded to go over the pattern with colored markers.  It's a little plain so upon decorating a frame from 'ye ole frame stash', the project was placed in the frame. Upon hanging it in my kitchen, the whole project drooped to the right. You see, this frame was a combination stand up/wall hung frame and the stand part was so heavy it dragged the frame down on one side.
As you can see, it is not hanging on the wall. And, although I am not happy with the look of it at all, I'm sharing it to let readers know not all of our endeavors are successful but we can glean a lesson from them if we look hard enough. And I admit I'm going back to the drawing board and I will work at this project until I am satisfied that it is something worth hanging on the wall. Stay tuned!

No comments: