Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Another Bit Of Cross Stitch

Something I love about doing this blog is that I get to fill my home with the passion I have for this walk in Torah. Not only do I share the goodies I find on the internet with you but I'm able to enjoy the fruits of my labors when I show you what you can create.

Today I'm sharing another cross stitch picture you can make. The basic pattern is found here:
http://crossstitch.about.com/od/freecrossstitchpattern1/ig/Judaica-Patterns/Torah-Crosss-Stitch-Motif.htm

As you can see in the following picture that I've filled in the basic pattern and outlined it in a darker floss. Then I simply used a single thread across the body to simulate the wording on the scroll. The cross stitch fabric is actually taupe in color but it doesn't show well on blogger.
An interesting tidbit for you: Did you know that the parchment that the Torah is written on (quite often sheep skin sections sown together) is called leaves and the rods that the Torah scroll is rolled on are called trees? That reminds me of Revelation 22:1-3 'Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb. Between the main street and the river was the Tree of Life producing twelve kinds of fruit, a different kind every month; and the leaves of the trees were for the healing of the nations--no longer there be any curses.'
How awesome is that?

No comments: