Thursday, February 14, 2013

Gifts To Share

I thought I would share with you today a past Hanukkah gift I made for a friend and one she made for me. The following is the prototype of a wall hanging I made for my friend Ivy. The one she possesses is a very close twin to mine. It is hand appliqued and the shiny fabric is gold lame. I've also used this as a profile picture on different accounts that I have. It is of the Alef Tav, the first and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet. Did you know that the Alef Tav is found in the original Scriptures 7300 times?

This is proudly hung in our livingroom.
In turn, My friend sent me this lovely bracelet she made. I can tell you that the blue beads are made of some sort of semiprecious stone and the beads, Alef and Tav, are sterling silver. These sterling silver Hebrew alphabet beads are available at http://www.yalyjudaica.com/wholesale/beads_2.htm


No comments: