Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tzedakah

Today I set about to replace my Tzedakah box. I have been using a fabric covered gift box from the dollar store. It was ok in a pinch but not satisfying to me. Looked too much like pagan holiday stuff to me.

In thinking about what I would use to replace it with I could go to the craft store and find something to convert into a Tzedakah box. Or I could go on a scavenger hunt in my studio to find something appropriate.  I had previously saved a cocoa powder box because I liked the shape and this would be perfect to recycle. I took the label off and cleaned up the box.


But how should I decorate it? Then I remembered that I had a couple of wallpaper border rolls in my craft stash. The wallpaper border was even prepasted so all I had to do was wet it and apply. Then I added The word Tzedakah (Hebrew for charity) to the front of the box. I like this one so much better than the first one I used.
I'm still thinking of somehow changing the top but that will wait for another day.


No comments: