Monday, February 11, 2013

My First Challah Cover

I've found so many pretty and interesting challah covers available on  the internet it's hard to choose one over another. So,of course, I decided to create my own. I had leftover material from other projects so for me the only cost was sewing thread, electricity to run my sewing machine and time to create. Have a look.
Shabbat (in Hebrew letters)
My favorite technique is hand applique but this time I decided to attach the letters by using an iron on webbing. Then I outlined the letters with a gold paint pen.  I've had the lace and gold trim forever in my stash and I have no idea where or why I purchased it, but it was just the right touch to finish it out.

I guess I'll be started a challah cover collection... one for every Feast Day!

No comments: