Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Would You Like To Learn Your Name In Hebrew?

When I started this blog it was not for the purpose of beating my chest and drawing attention to myself and saying "Look what I made". My purpose is to encourage you to stretch your imagination and incorporate the Hebrew roots into your creations.

I enjoy surrounding myself with what I've created instead of buying a 'completed' item from a store. Yes, my creations have components from other sources. It goes without saying that I can't manufacture the raw materials that I need, I have to get my supplies somewhere.

Some of the ideas you will see on this blog came from other creative people. Rest assured that I will always give credit and links to those ideas that are not my own.

Today I thought it would be fun to share a link so you may find your name in Hebrew.
http://www.my-hebrew-name.com/list_of_hebrew_names.php
As you notice I have put a box with my Hebrew name Tzfrira previously under my blog banner now at the bottom of my home page. It was tempting to use my middle name which I like better. Maybe I will in the future.

I don't think you ever have enough good bookmarks. I am always getting advertising bookmarks in the mail but they are kind of puny. So I decided to make a few of my own, with my name in Hebrew of course. If you make a number of them, you will likely to remember how to spell your name in Hebrew.
The bookmark on the top of the picture spells Torah. You know in which Book I'll be using this one.
I used cardstock for the bookmarks, a Hebrew letter stencil and color markers. You can find suppliers of Hebrew stencils on my craft supplies links page. Add a ribbon or some yarn for an accent. Another idea is to stencil your Hebrew name on a tee shirt or a tote. The ideas are endless. Have fun with it.

In future posts I will be adding more Hebrew words and sayings to other creations.


No comments: